Bliss and magnificence mixed with chaos and suffering…
Why the dichotomy?
This is a series of small, “bite-size” articles about how Earth (a.k.a Terra) is nourished constantly by “light” (life-energy from the Source), but gets “dark” while stuck in a spiritual shadow.
Light: These are the kinds of Source motivations (along with those shown in the diagram) that create and nourish the entire omniverse freely and incessantly:
Light and Dark: The life-energy devolves as it spreads out-beyond from the Source, through many realms and universes, until it reaches shadowed Earth, where it becomes…
- abundance vs scarcity,
- knowledge vs ignorance,
- service vs self-interest,
- love vs hate,
- awe vs fear….
Why does life on Terra get skewed like that? How did things go wrong in the first place? How can we get ourselves—both individually and as a planet—out of the darkness and back into the light?
Let’s try to sort that all out in this series of articles, bearing in mind that mystics look through and beyond Earth’s duality, using spiritual eyes to see the light of love in every situation.
Maybe along the way we can start to do that too, though it’s probably important (maybe even part of our soul purpose?) to understand the dichotomy of Terra at a visceral level before reawakening our spiritual eyes to see the light that shines in-beyond.
That’s the aim with this series of articles: To know Terra at a visceral level while being anchored to the Source.
Here are some ways that life-energy seems to get contorted when it reaches Earth:
- While our 5 senses and brain shape our understanding of life on Earth, they also block out the greater realities beyond, so we tend to give the Source with its life-energy human and earthly qualities that can be confusing or scary or even funny.
- Symbiosis distorts Source motivation, so that free, perfect nourishment becomes parasitic and predatory, where living things steal life-energy from each other (for example by killing and eating each other).
- Money mimics life-energy as a force of creation and nourishment, generating competition, crime, and other contentious efforts to acquire money.
- Ethics overshadow morals, so rules and regulations take precedence over an inherent knowledge of what’s right and good.
- Emotions are debris stirred up in our carnal body-mind when the finer spirit within us has trouble contending with the dramas going on around us in the material world.
- Sex and lust are an intense mutation of love forged by the fact that we’re biologically programmed to procreate.
- Our flawed carnal body becomes a fragile, fleeting home for our indestructible spirit body that is the real you and me.
Each item on the list will be explored by one concise article. The list will probably grow as the series evolves. (I’m open to suggestions.) If the items in the list seem a bit daunting now, rest assured that my intent is to simplify and clarify them as much as possible in each article.
Note: Illustrations like the omniverse above will all have to be redone in the coming months, since all of my original artwork got lost in the fire. mhm (Those are my initials, as well as a vocable… suggesting there’s still lots of work to be done. m-hm 🙂 )